Sunday, August 8, 2010

Almost back to school!

Two weeks away before UT students and football seasons begin and I am already feeling the anxiety for this up coming school year for charity events, birthdays, weddings, baby showers and so on.... I do love challenges but too much .. is no fun! especially dealing with the heat, scheduling, and meeting cake deadlines - trying to remember every little details on what I need to put on the cake, delegating tasks for my assistants, do logistics for weekend delivery,  looking for the tape for cake box, and of course ruler and scissors are nowhere to be found when you need them. This week went by very fast and I am thankful that all cakes got done on time even though I was shorthanded.

Without further ado, here are few of my favorite cakes from this past week:
Paige's first birthday cake - it's a strawberry shortcake, vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream and fresh strawberry.

Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday cake for Carson and Foley - It's a vanilla cake with cream cheese and covered with classic American Buttercream

Cullen's first birthday cake, it's a 10" round (serves 30), 8" round (serves 20), and the tent (serves 12). I never made this cake shape, so I was a little stressed out. I am pretty happy with the final result! of course I always hope that I had more time so that I can do...this  or add that..
Layla's birthday cake was a 1/4 sheet chocolate cake (serves 20-25) with vanilla buttercream. I love the clean look and simplicity!

Luci turned three and had a cowboy theme party, so I thought a cute pink boots on top will be cute for her! I added farm animals around the side of the cake. Thanks for looking! I am anxious to make my first topsy turvy cake for 200 serving this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to return to UT and eat your cupcakes! :)

    That owl cake is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete