Saturday, April 10, 2010

Last minute weekend gateaway!

I was so excited that I got a chance to visit my childhood friend, Grace, in Los Angeles this past Easter weekend. I left Austin Saturday afternoon and came back on Tuesday afternoon. I can't thank enough to my lovely husband and assistants! They took care Polkadots very well when I was out. Grace's dad passed away last week from lung cancer. My condolences for her and her family. On the brighter side, I got to spend some fun time with her mom, sister, and her hubby!

She took me to Farmers Market, Hollywood CA. Los Angeles just keep growing and growing since I left 5 yrs ago. We went to an early mass for Easter Sunday and had brunch at Farmer's Daughter.
 

I got the Easter Sunday special plate. Two free range eggs Benedict, topped with Hollandise sauce, two slice of grilled ham, and hash brown. Yum!! I wish I can have this every morning.

Just like being at home, I got to hang out, chat, and laugh with her and her family. Priceless!

Not to forget pink berry for dessert, mmmmmm It's so fluffy!
 Next, we were off to Susina bakery for their famous red velvet cake:
Yeah, we were bad ...we went to Vanilla Bakeshop in Santa Monica, too. It's tiny, clean, and so cute! Very chic and modern.

I got to try on their mini cupcakes - delish!
After a few days I was out from work, I was ready to go back in action. Here are a few of my favorite from this week:

Cupcakes for the cat lovers...
Fun 21st Birthday party! I hope she went out to her birthday party then passed out.

First Birthday cake Bug theme!
Paisley theme bridal shower cake:

Hope every one have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment